December 02, 2014

why i really started a home based business



In my next lifetime, I hope to be born into a family whose forefathers had the good sense to set up fort in warmer climates.

I’m sitting at my desk trying to get some homework done the heating, the kettle, the thick sweater, and the slipper boots are on like Donkey Kong.

Winter and I don’t do so well together. 

The drastic drop in sunlight seems to shock my system, affecting me in the most annoying ways. 

Every day, I must heave and struggle to move a dead carcass. 

Basically, I get out of bed in the morning. 

Same Difference. 

My Get up and Go, gets up and leaves without me by mid-October.

I don’t know if I’m dealing with S.A.D or just plain C.R.A.N.K.Y

Québec winter not for the faint of heart. 



It's So Damn Cold Even Our Water Bottles Need Their Warm-Woolies On!




















Only after you’ve braced yourself for the small fortune you're about to invest in snow tires, winter clothes, 20 tubes of chap stick, boots, shovels, Vitamin D supplements, the heating bill, a chiropractor, a therapist, anti-depressants, snow brushes, an ice scrapera back-up scraper since it’s almost guaranteed that you will break the first one while violently scraping your windshield of ice (ice that is hanging on as if it knew you were already late for work...and it just wanted to piss you off) a new windshield because you will crack that as well, and 300 pounds of salt and sand...only then, are you readied for winter…But not really…

To no avail, you will try to stay warm by bundling up until you could pass for Baymax from Big Hero 6. Alas, no attire on earth is impenetrable to Ole Man Winter's wrath. That damn Curmudgeon

You have not experienced the feelings of being cold until you’ve successfully had your nostrils stick to themselves just because, heaven forbid, you’re using them to breathe. 

Your nose runs incessantly and every Québecer resembles a snotty, drippy, daycare attending toddler. 

Your eyes cry without your permission and your tears freeze. 

You wipe out on ice weekly, falling hard enough to bruise your dead ancestor’s arses. 

When the wind, snow, and below freezing temperatures decide to gang up on you, it feels like being stabbed in the face by a savage army of angry snowflakesswords. 

You wake up in the morning, its dark. You get home from work, its dark. 

You sit in front of a light box for 30 minutes to an hour every day because researchers have told you it helps with the lack of sunlight…



They Believe Wrong!




Where the hell are these researchers from, Hawaii?!

No.

Just No.


So that about sums it up I started a home based business so I can hibernate through the winter, while still being able to afford to pay for the winter. Voilà!

Okay. 

Maybe it isn't why I really decided to start a home based business... but it's most definitely one of the benefits. 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment